Wednesday, March 7, 2012

“THE LETTER”





My latest mixed media, fiber arts project.

A 17th Century, Restoration period lady with her four Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

She is standing by her clavichord, lid painted in the Dutch manner. The clavichord sits on a 17th century style table with turned legs.
The floor is faux finish painted parquet.

The lady is dressed in Chinese figured silk, petticoat in Thai slubbed silk, over skirt in crepe silk. The bodice is boned. Her face and hands are two part epoxy putty, as is her hair and the whole is painted with acrylics.

The dogs are made with epoxy putty, armatures underneath and then painted with acrylics.

The whole piece is 13” x 17” x 18” tall. That's 34 x 44 x 45cm tall in metric.



1 comment:

  1. I am stunned at the intricacy and beauty of this....I have done sculpting and fiber arts most of my life and this is one of the best pieces I have seen...Kudos!

    ReplyDelete